Monday, August 11, 2008

Picture Day!



These pictures are a funny story,looking back (not so funny at the time!) They were actually Carson's 3 month pictures but I have been so busy lately I haven't had time to blog so here goes... I wanted the boys to get their first pictures taken together so we scheduled a Friday when Ryan was off work to take them. Our first set of pictures the boys were so good and they listened to the lady , but when we looked at the pictures Carson had spit up and you could see this big thing of spit up on his shirt. So I decided to reschedule for the next week and thought I could do it by myself because the boys were so good the first time (boy was I wrong!). Spencer and Dallan were pretty much out of control and wouldn't listen to the lady or me. Every time the lady asked Dallan to look at her he would turn his head anyway from the camera, ahhh! it was making me so mad. Then at some point one of them (if not both of them) hit Carson on the head and he started crying and pretty much wouldn't calm down so then when it was time for his pictures he was screaming hysterically (while the boys were throwing balls at the camera might I add). I'm sure the lady thought they were all the most unruly boys she has ever seen. Anyone that has spent anytime with Carson knows how calm he is and never really cries so I guess it is funny, but not quite fitting, that he is so mad in his three month pictures. Better luck next time -there might not be a next time:)) The most annoying part of it all was as soon as we got in the car Spencer and Dallan asked if we could go get treats because they were so good, can you believe the nerve!!

12 comments:

lrbodine said...

I still think that first picture is darling of the boys - even if they aren't looking at the camera! Where did you get the pictures done at?

Jess and Joe said...

hahaha!! (I hope you are laughing about it now!)
Don't you just love kids and their unique little personalities?
They are both top SUPER CUTE! I like the action ones. =]

Caralee said...

What! You have a blog?! I'm so happy! I have been whining to Spencer for the longest time about how none of my oldest friends have a blog. Emily got one, Autumn got one and now you! I am so happy! Did I say that already? Your boys are adorable. Spencer is such a Smith and Dallan such a Bodine. I don't know about Carson yet. I am coming into town for a couple of days this weeks: Thursday to Saturday. Is there any chance that I can see you? And maybe Jenyce too? When did you have Carson? Holy cow I just need to talk to you in person. Can you email me your number? I got a new phone caraleeall@gmail.com Love ya!

Autumn said...

isn't it funny how we go through the effort to take good pictures of our kids so we can forever have the memory of how cute and sweet our kids are in their younger ages. And then the process ends up bringing out everyones, including the parents, bad side?
Too funny. But glad to see you actually purchased one of him crying!

Jess and Joe said...

Thank you for installing so hope in me about Breaking Dawn. I have heard so many people didn't like it. I LOVED Eclipse and questioned even starting BD because I didn't want it to be a let down.
I am about 200 pages into BD now if you say it is the best one yet...I Totally believe you! =]

PS - I know how you feel about not getting anything done. It is like a drug.

Autumn said...

Hey, I saw that you have a link for Jenyce. But it doesn't work for me when I click on it. Is it still active?

Autumn said...

Ok, I found out one of the reasons why her link isn't working. When you click on her link from your list (without the updated times), you will notice that in the address the " https//: " appears twice.
I realize that doesn't explain why it doesn't work from your other list of links. But just a thought. You may have already noticed. :)

Jess said...

OK the pictures are hilarious!! The one of the boys is so cute and shows their personalities with the exception of Carson, but that is why it is a little funny because it is the complete opposite of him. Tanner had a hard time at his 3 month pictures too-except they wouldn't even take them while he was crying and at that point I thought any pictures are OK at this point.

Farrah said...

That sounds like you had quite the experience! I like the pictures though. Very cute with all of them. With the looks on their faces you'll always remember that experience!

Great Scott's! said...

Hey hey hey! I'm so glad you found me Dani- hooray! And look at your big-time family now, they're so cute!! I love this blog thing, it makes the distance less severe. I'm so happy I could "see" you! I miss you, You'll have to keep in touch; even though it looks like your hands are full : ) love Shanna

Cheramie said...

that's hilarious that they asked for treats afterwards. poor carson, he really is one of the most calm babies i've met. still, it's a good memory.

Klan said...

I am so glad to see that my kids aren't the only ones that act like that when it comes to talking professional pictures. Oh, what a zoo. I never take all of them if I can help it and I always try to take someone to help me if I do have to take all of them. Just thinking about it gets me all stressed.