Wednesday, August 27, 2008

NEW YORK!

What can I say? I just spent an awesome, but very short weekend in New York City! The salon that I work at sent me and another girl to the Bumble and Bumble University (Bb is a product line we carry) to learn a new treatment line we are bringing to the salon. We stayed at the Hudson right by Columbus circle and Central Park. We were in class most of the day but still had time to do lots of shopping and have some really funny experiences in China Town and in lots of cabs! It was really humid (my face felt like it was getting a constant steam facial),so waiting for the Subway was like torture, especially because it was on a weekend schedule. I don't ever remember it being so humid or smelly in the Subways when I lived there before, but after about a day we said heck with the Subway we'll just take a cab!(too bad we couldn't get on Cash Cab, it would have been a lot cheaper!)
This is the view from the Bb U Salon. Can you imagine the view while you are getting your hair done-amazing!
This was in Central Park where we had the funniest little bike guy ride us around (aah, the joys of vacationing and actually having some money), it was so relaxing.

Times Square




View of Ground Zero. This was so sad. I haven't been back to New York since 9-11, it was still a very almost reverent scene.
This was our morning view from our hotel room- so beautiful!
Some of our fabulous buys, (yes those are giraffe purses all for $25!). Of course, I had to stop at H &M!
The night before we left we went down to Serendipity and waited for about an hour for some amazing Frozen Hot Chocolate!

I have to say thank you so much to Ryan for taking such good care of the boys! He really is just unbelievable sometimes and I appreciate him letting me do this.



10 comments:

lrbodine said...

Looks like fun! I'm jealous of all the shopping (especially H&M!)

Cheramie said...

oh i bet ryan wanted to go with you! how fun, i'd love to go sometime. i'm glad you posted a picture of ground zero, i hadn't seen any pictures of it.

Shannon said...

What a fun weekend! Good job Ryan for giving you a weekend without any kids and somewhere awesome to go!

Farrah said...

How fun Danny! I'm jealous! I want to go to New York again sooo bad. Oh and I love the giraffe purse. Cute!

Jess said...

I LOVE the purse!

Jess and Joe said...

So many good memories!! I LOVE it out there. Maybe we can plan a trip to go back...=]
Looks like you had a lot of fun! You look so good!! Are you sure you have had 3 kids!?!

Sabrina Bodine said...

I am soooooo jealous! It was fun to see your pics! I miss you guys too. Tell spencer uncle josh says he miss him. We would love the boys soon:)

tannerin said...

Looks like you had a great time. Sorry I missed you. If you come back we will definitely have to meet up.

Kim & Max Willis family said...

wow!! i never knew you had a blog!! I'm so jelious that you went to New York. you looked sassy in those pics.:)

Bert and Kelli Millett said...

What a fun trip. Someday I'll have to hire you to be my personal NYC tour guide.